The purpose of the Postal Service’s Tell Us Customer Survey is to get insight into a location’s level of customer satisfaction. The Postal Service wants to learn more about the quality of service provided by its personnel, the usefulness of the services provided, the suitability of the items sold at each branch, and similar matters.
The Postal Service customer satisfaction survey includes asks about the quality of service provided. Consider if you were attended to quickly, whether your requirements were met, and whether you are likely to return to that particular branch.
Post Office UK Feedback Survey Details
|Survey Name||Post Office UK Feedback Survey|
|Survey Reward||Win a $100 gift card|
|Receipt Valid||7 Days|
|Survey Limit||1 per person, per receipt|
|Offer Limit||Limit one Free item per receipt and per visit|
About Post Office
Post Office branch volume is more than that of all UK building societies and banks put together, making it the biggest network of retail financial services in the UK. Direct methods like contact centers and the Internet are also thriving. These channels allow them to service more clients in less time.
Postal Service has been around for almost 370 years, offers 170 different services and goods, has over 11,000 locations around the country, and has happy clients in the millions. The Postal Service manages more than 280 of these locations directly; the remainder are overseen by subpostmasters and other partners. More than 170 goods in four categories are available via Post Office’s affiliate program. Those include government services, mails and retail, telecommunications, and financial services.
Post Office UK Feedback Survey Requirements
- It’s simple to fill out a survey for any company. You need just remember three simple facts about the recipe you were given by the store you frequented.
- The shop number on your receipt.
- The date of your visit.
- When you came to see us is what we’re most interested in.
How to Take The Post Office UK Feedback Survey
- For comments, please go to www.postoffice.co.uk/feedback.
- What kind of service you paid for.
- No matter whether you went to a store to buy stamps or utilized a self-service machine, this applies to you.
- The location where the service was provided, such as the branch or ZIP code.
- The last step is to send in your survey results.