To learn more about how satisfied consumers are with Piercing Pagoda’s goods and services, the company has developed an online survey that may be accessed at www.pagodasurvey.com. A common use of this data is to enhance the quality of services provided to customers. To make things easier for everyone, the survey may be completed online.
By participating in this survey, you will have the opportunity to provide honest feedback to the firm. The questions are designed to help you evaluate your experience and offer them insight into how things are running in each location. This will help them determine which strategies are successful and which are not.
About Piercing Pagoda
A jewelry kiosk called Piercing Pagoda may be found in malls all around the United States. In 1969, Bernard and Bertha Cohen saw a need in the market to cater to the growing popularity of ear piercings. Ear piercing at a retail kiosk was first preferred by women of all ages over visiting a doctor’s office because it was quicker and cheaper.
Necklaces, chains, earrings, rings, and bracelets in 10 and 14 carat gold are the mainstays of the jewelry stand’s inventory. Piercing Pagoda started out as a single kiosk in a Pennsylvania shopping center and has now spread to more than 780 sites around the United States. The fundamental business of ear piercing survives, as second and third generations of women visit the kiosk for ear piercing and jewelry options.
The jewelry selling assortment improved, after Zale Jewelers purchased the business in 2000. The purpose is to grab increasing market share, using inexpensive, quality jewelry and fashion-pieces women now seek.
Piercing Pagoda Customer Survey Requirements
- Use a PC with Internet connectivity.
- Understand written English or Spanish.
- Have your latest Piercing Pagoda receipt that includes an invitation for the survey.
How to Take the Piercing Pagoda Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Click on over to www.pagodasurvey.com.
- Click the link just below the button in dark blue to access the survey in Spanish. Otherwise, go to step 3.
- Input the receipt’s time, ASSC, total, and survey code. Both of these pieces of data may be located at the top of the receipt. You can locate the grand total at the bottom, and the entry number at the very bottom.
- Give your thoughts on some experience-related questions. They may inquire as to whether or not you were greeted upon arriving, thanks for your patronage, or something else else. You’ll be asked to score several aspects of the event, such as how likely you are to brag about it to your loved ones.
- No monetary compensation is offered, but you can rest easy knowing you assisted the organization in making necessary changes.